The main reason for this being, people are looking for the better standard of living offered by countries like Australia. However, to achieve and benefit this to the fullest extent there are certain points and guidelines that must be borne in mind by young professionals while working in Australia.
Some of the vital things to be followed by young professionals while working in Australia are given below:
Staff shortages, good working conditions, a high quality health care system, and an outstanding quality of life and standard of living make Australia a tempting prospect for medical professionals to work as doctors in Australia.
The main reason for this being Australia seems to have struck a good balance between public health care funding and private health care provision. This makes Australia a leading country in getting medical migrants.
To utilize these comfortable benefits and work environment, certain things to be taken care of are:
1. All doctors working in Australia are required to register with the relevant state or territory medical board. The standards for these differ between states.
2. It is vital to have immigration forms, health checks and character checks in hand while working in Australia as which would be needed any time for police record disclosures or for tax filing in Australian Tax office.
All these, if not done would put medical young professionals in Australia in trouble. However, if followed they are sure to find a great work environment.
Bear in mind that if you’re on a temporary visa you might experience difficulties in getting things like mortgages and bank loans, or even mobile phone contracts.
1. Important Handy Documents
Young professionals in Australia engaged in any kind of job, whether temporary or permanent, part- or full-time, always must have in hand proof of their qualifications, training and experience, relevant visa form, passport, health and character checked documents, plus copies of references and an up-to-date curriculum vitae.
2. Work Environment
The most important attribute to get along well in the work environment while working in Australia, is the ability to speak English fluently. Skilled labor is obviously an advantage, but so is speaking the English language. Most countries are harder to get into if you don’t speak English.
Some of the specific attributes that are needed by young professionals while working in Australia are:
- Australians are friendly and open, but directness and brevity are valued.
- Being punctual is work while working Australia is very critical.
- Maintain good eye contact during meetings and conversations.
- Opinions are respected, and opinionated discussions are entertaining.
- Shake hands when meeting and when leaving in work.
- Exchanging business cards is common among professional workers.
- Gift giving is not a common practice in business.
Young professionals in Australia can always visit or contact National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition or Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs or Australian Standard Classification of Occupations for advice on qualifications for work or on advice about overcoming challenges at work in Australia.
Brought to you by the Australian Immigration Experts at Synch1